NURP589: Assignment 3: Annotated Bibliography
Assignment 3 is worth 25% of your grade.
Include a Title Page. Provide 10 current articles, no older than 2 years old, unless it is a seminal
article. Each citation should have a brief evaluative critique as well. Your selections are
intended to support your personal HIT learning needs. Consider how you can apply this new
knowledge to your current practice as an RN and your future practice as an FNP. Your articles
should come from peer reviewed and can certainly be interdisciplinary (outside of the nursing
literature); none of the articles may be those that have been posted as part of this course. You
can use articles from your personal discussion posts and/or written assignments.
• The purpose of the brief critique is to inform your peers of the relevance, accuracy, and
quality of the sources you cite. Please make your critique/analysis is succinct and
• To be critical of an article does not mean to criticize in a negative way. Rather, it
requires you to question the information and opinions of the information and to present
your evaluation or judgment.
• State the aim of the article and the main finding(s).
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of the article?
• Your evaluation/opinion of the article can be a positive or negative evaluation or, as is
usually the case, a mixed response.
• Your section instructor can post an example for you.
1. Download and read the Honor Code.
2. Insert your name and date as directed on the form.
3. Save the completed document locally.
4. Upload your signed Honor Code as part of your assignment submission.
5. Please note: Submitting the signed Honor Code is required.
Due 24 hours after the Week 11 Live Session.
Upload your assignment using Microsoft Word or other editable format.
Please review the rubric located in the Course Toolbox.