What is esophageal cancer?
Please use the following outline to write the project
- What is esophageal cancer?
Esophageal cancer is a cancer that occurs when cancer cells form in the esophagus or gullet
- History and background of Esophageal cancer
- specific causes of esophageal cancer are unknown
- research depicts that factors such as age, gender, diet, smoking, obesity, long-term acid reflux and medical conditions
iii. previous cancer treatment, tobacco or alcohol abuse or other rare medical conditions
- Symptoms of Esophageal Cancer
- Weight loss.
- Indigestion and heartburns
iii. Difficulties while swallowing.
- Hoarseness and coughing
III. Prevention Of the Disease
- Observing nutritional discipline.
- Lifestyle changes
Initial treatment of esophageal cancer depends on how far it has spread.
- Conventional treatment methods.
- Radiofrequency ablation.
- Photodynamic therapy or endoscopic mucosal resection
- Complementary and Alternative Health (CAH) methods.
- Palliative therapy.
iii. Chinese Traditional medicine
- Integrative treatment practices
Combining both the complementary and CAH treatment practices
- Recommended diets and health practices
- Nursing assessment and Interventions
- Nursing care is advanced and requires patient and family education, clinical assessment, palliative care, management of side effects and nutritional management.
- Nurses need to coordinate all the support services to ensure they meet the needs of the patient.
VII. Client Education
- Patients should receive adequate information about the disease.
- This information should be conveyed from the time of diagnosis through the period of procedures and treatments.
After the treatment, it is important for the medical team to keep in touch with the patient to monitor progress.