Discussion: Transgender Women
Discussion: Transgender Women
TOPIC: (choose 1)*****
Women with HIV
Women Sex Workers
Women with Mental Illness
Women with Past Sexual Assault
This paper should clearly and comprehensively identify the disease or population health problem chosen. The problem must be an issue in your geographic area and a concern for the population you will serve upon graduation with your degree. The paper should be organized into the following sections:
1. Introduction with a clear presentation of the marginalized group as well as significance and a scholarly overview of the paper.
2. Background of the marginalized group/problem including description, current incidence and/or prevalence statistics current state, local, and national statistics pertaining to the problem.
3. Discuss the economic aspects of the marginalized group
4. Discuss social justice and its relationship to health disparities and health care of marginalized group.
5. Discuss ethical issues on marginalized group
6. Provide a brief plan of how you will address this marginalized group in your practice once you are finished with school. Provide three actions you will take along with how you will measure outcomes of your actions.
7. Conclude in a clear manner with a brief overview of key points of the entire problem
1. Pick one of the grand nursing theories from chapters 7-9 (except Henderson or Peplau)
2. Obtain an original work of the theorist (i.e., primary source). You may not be able to so get a source that exemplifies the theory. Do not use your textbook. Provide the reference in your post.
3. Read the following case study and think about how your theorist would interpret the assessment information provided and intervene. All of this should be consistent with the grand nursing theory you choose.
Address the following items.
1. State which theory you are using In your initial post. Try to be the theorist and see the case from the theory. For example if you were Roy you will write about maintaining infection control for the baby in the NICU since her theory is on adaptation to the environm
3. Write a nursing diagnosis (see PP in lecture)
4. Write one intervention for the diagnosis that could be applied to the family in the case study. You may choose either the mother, the infant, or the family as your focus. THE
INTERVENTION MUST BE CONGRUENT WITH THE THEORY.
PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE A CULTURE THEORY.
Here are some suggestions for concepts to discuss within your theory – depression, post partum. guilt, stress, family, premature,transitions, adaptation.
Mrs. Bedlam gave birth to a premature boy baby 3 weeks ago. The baby is still in the NICU at the major medical center 45 miles away. Mrs. Bedlam has only been able to visit once a week when her husband has a day off and can watch their other children, all girls, ages 1, 3, 4, and 6.
The Bedlam family moved from Saudi Arabia 2 years ago. Prior to this pregnancy, Mrs. Bedlam was taking Prozac for depression. She states she feels so guilty because she can’t come to see the baby more often and can’t breast feed him as her culture demands.
Baby Boy Bedlam has necrotizing entercolitis and at least one intracranial bleed. He now weighs 1800 grams. His ventilator is set to deliver 85% oxygen.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.