Describe the characteristics and type of healthcare system in that country
Identify a country in which you may be interested in practicing: a. Describe the characteristics and type of healthcare system in that country b. The role of nurses in that country c. Major health issues that confront the population in that country d. Morbidity and mortality rates in that country
For this discussion, you will:
• Select a particular patient care issue in your practice area that you would like to research at some point in your career. (TOPIC- Pediatric home health care. In the home setting there is only one nurse available, so apart from calling 911, the nurse is essentially on her own.)
• Use that particular patient care issue as a point of reference for this discussion.
• Identify 4–6 data elements that you have access to as a clinician or as an employee of the organization.
• Identify the scales of measurement for each of the data elements that you have mentioned (for example, blood pressure data from the patient record would be ratio measurement; gender of the patient would be nominal measurement). If you are uncertain, use the definitions in the Understanding Nursing Research text, Chapter 10, as your guide.
• Describe which of the data elements might be dependent upon various types of technologies, such as monitoring devices, telecommunications, or data archives.