Describe nursing intervention strategies that promote family health
Family Nursing/Module 3 Discussion
For this discussion, choose a nursing intervention strategy that you can use to promote health for a specific family. Review pp 166 – 171 of your text. Select one of the nursing intervention strategies found (Self-Care Contract: Involvement of all family members; Family Empowerment and Family Strengths-Based Nursing Care; Anticipatory Guidance and Offering Information; Use of Rituals/Routines and Family Time; Family Meal and Healthy Eating). Describe the major points of the strategy you select. Then, identify and describe a family you know who might benefit from the selected strategy. Identify why the family needs to develop this health promotion practice. Explain specifically how you would go about intervening with this family to help them with health promotion activities.
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
· Describe nursing intervention strategies that promote family health
· Initial Post: Fri, May 27 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
· Response Post: Sun, May 29 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
· Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
· Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
· Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
· Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.
Note: Since it is difficult to edit the APA reference in the Blackboard discussion area, you can copy and paste APA references from your Word document to the Blackboard discussion area. Points will not be deducted because of format changes in spacing.