Case study : Pursuant to the 2010 Health Care Reform Bill, the United States will be challenged to bring into its health care population some 32 million more patients.
HCA 545 Module 5 2010 Health Care Reform Bill Impact Review
2010 Health Care Reform Bill Impact Review Assignment Details:
1) Scenario: Pursuant to the 2010 Health Care Reform Bill, the United States will be challenged to bring into its health care population some 32 million more patients. Formerly, many of these patients were uninsured. Some of these patients were seen and treated in safety-net hospitals, but mostly in emergency rooms. Reliable, independent studies have shown that this population is low income and is disproportionately made up of ethnic and racial minorities; however, it is important to point out that due to the economic downturn at the turn of the decade surrounding 2010, this 32 million will include a significant number of non-minority unemployed individuals. Consider that health care institutions must move beyond simply taking in and treating the sick and injured who come through the door. In the near future, the health of the community will be measured in terms of low disease burden, high vaccination rates, controlled chronic disease rates, healthier life styles, and a better educated public. Clearly, the impacts to the health care system will have to be addressed.
2) Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that describes the roles and responsibilities of health care management in addressing this pressing dilemma. Apply the following questions to generate your conclusions about how you would proceed:
) How do the considerations under the concept of governance apply?
b) What are the major financial issues being faced?
c) What are the major physical issues being faced?
d) What are the major demographic issues being faced?
3) Prepare this 2010 Health Care Reform Bill Impact Review Assignment assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) This 2010 Health Care Reform Bill Impact Review Assignment assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
ORDER NOW FOR ORIGINAL PAPER
HCA 545 Module 5 DQ 1
Consider the neighborhood/community that your health care organization (HCO) serves. What are examples of disparities in health care delivery that exist? What processes/policies does your HCO have in place to address these disparities? Where these processes/policies implemented by the HCO’s own initiative or some sort of government mandate? How effective have they been?
HCA 545 Module 5 DQ 2
Subject of training or education in health care usually centers on training employees. However, more attention is being paid to education that addresses the health care organization’s community — that is, the people it serves. What education outreach programs does your organization have in place? What are the delivery methods and where are they focused? Have they been effective and what more can and should be done?
HCA 545 Module 6 DQ 1
Discuss the concept of the team approach (including governance) in having roles in developing shared visions and common goals.
1) Why is it important to define each team member’s role and responsibility?
2) Why is it important to involve all team members in project activities, meetings, and discussions?
3) Why is it important that the team leader seek commitment from all members?
4) Why is it important that once a project is concluded that each team member is acknowledged and rewarded when appropriate?
HCA 545 Module 6 DQ 2
A major concern of health care organizations, as with most organizations, is the issue of safety for employees, patients, vendors, visitors, etc. What are some of the procedures that your organization has in place to address the situation? Is enough being done or are there issues that you feel need to be addressed but are not? What can you do about it?