4-Phenomenological research and grounded theory are common methods of conducting qualitative research.
· Both collect data from their subjects’ perceptions and perspectives
· Both do their best to make sure their findings are not influenced by preconceived notions or judgments. Phenomenological Research Essay Assignment Papers.
· Both explore their participants’ personal experiences
· Both seek understanding the meaning of events and experiences on peoples’ lives, (Driessnack, 2007)
· Phenomenological research focuses on understanding the impact an experience has on a person’s life. The only sources of information are the people experiencing the event (phenomena). This type of research is often limited to interviews only, (Driessnack, 2007