Nursing Theory Week 8: How does the theory of expanding consciousness apply to our healthcare society today?
Section IV: Conceptual Models and Grand Theories in the Unitary Transformative Paradigm Section V: Grand Theories about Care or Caring Chapter 16: Margaret Newman’s Theory of Health as Expanding Consciousness Chapter 17: Madeleine Leininger’s Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality Chapter 18: Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring Discussion 5
Discussion Question: Our two-part discussion question for this week is the following: How does the theory of expanding consciousness apply to our healthcare society today? How does theory affect nursing profession to provide care to a diverse population of patients? Can you identify with any of these theories in your profession?
Nursing Theory Grading Rubric Discussions and Reading Reflections
Discussions and Reading Reflections:
· Participation in online discussion is an expectation of students enrolled. Giving this is an online class, discussions allow for class participation and interactions. A discussion week is Sunday to Saturday (11:59 pm EST).
· On specific weeks, there are questions or topics to be discussed. You are to post your initial post and respond to all professors posted questions. Initial posts must be made no later than Wednesdays at 11:59 pm. You will also be required to respond to at least two of your peers during the week. Failure to do so will cause a point’s deduction. You must also post at least four days per week. All posts cannot be posted on the same day.
· The initial post will be regarding the week and will be at least 250 words. Provide appropriate references and utilize APA style. Peer posts will be at least 150 words, otherwise will be counted as 0, all subsequent post must be in APA format and properly referenced. There will be 8 discussion posts worth 1 point each. To obtain full credit students must follow the above requirements. Each discussion will be allocated to a specific Master’s Essential.
· Besides the weeks that a discussion question is not posted, the student will be mandated to post a reading reflection paragraph (5-6 sentences, with reference material) regarding the assigned chapters of that week. These posts will be counted towards participation grade.
· In addition, on weeks 15 and 16, each student is to write a small reflection paragraph and post it objectives reflection” in answering what you have learned from this class, where the objectives you had for the class met and how do you anticipate the use of research.
· The reflection posts are your personal viewpoints regarding your reading assignments. No responses are required to your classmates’ posts. This applies to reflection assignments only.
Discussion Post Rubric:
Each posting and Reading Reflection:
|Criteria||1 Point||0.75 Point||0.50 Point||0.25 Point|
|Quality of information|
Information is clear and relates to the topic
Information is somewhat clear and might relate to the topic
The information has little relation to the topic and is not clearly displayed
Information is not clear, and it does not relate to the topic
Provides resources using APA guidelines
Provides resources without APA guidelines
Limited on the resources provided with major errors in APA
Provides no resources
Enhances the critical thinking process through premise reflection
Enhances the critical thinking process without premise reflection
Does enhance the critical thinking process in a very limited manner
Does not enhance the critical thinking process