Sources: 12 Language Style: English (U.S.)
Chamberlain College of Nursing (2)
me Chamberlain College of Nursing NR500 Foundational Concepts and Applications Scholarly Communication Worksheet Guidelines & Rubric Purpose The purpose of this assignment is to identify correct APA
NR500 Foundational Concepts and Applications
Scholarly Communication Worksheet
Guidelines & Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to identify correct APA format for scholarly sources used in professional communication.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO#1) Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge. (PO 3)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 2
Total Points Possible: 50
1. Complete the Scholarly Communication worksheet.
2. For each question, identify the correct answer and provide the source document for the answer.
3. Submit the Scholarly Communication Worksheet Answer Form to the Drop boxby Sunday 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 2.
Directions: Prior to completing this worksheet:
Review the APA tutorial assignment found at http://flash1r.apa.org/apastyle/basics/index.htm (You will get points for viewing,so be sure to include this website with slide number in your resource responses where applicable.)
Review the information in Doc Sharing under APA resources.
Utilize the APA manual in answering the questions
Provide a complete answer to each question.
The resource document and page number (if applicable) where the information was found refers to the resource that you used to answer the questions. You are to use only the APA manual and those resources and documents that are included in the course (i.e. documents in Doc Sharing) for this documentation.
These resources would include the APA manual, documents in Doc Sharing, and other related documents in the course.
Each question is worth 5 points (3 points for the correct answer and 1 point for the resource document) except for question 11 which is worth 6 points( 3 points for the correct answer and 3 points for the correct resource document information).
1. Provide a correctly formatted reference for the following journal article. Perform a search for this article and provide the DOI number also.
Authors: Jennifer Leeman, DrPH, MDiv; Margarete Sandelwoski, PhD,. RN, FANN
Title of article: Practice-Based Evidence and Qualitative Inquiry
Journal: Journal of Nursing Scholarship
Year of Publication: 2012, Volume 44, Issue 2, Pages 171-179. What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
2. In the above referenced article, on page 175, the authors state Qualitative research can be used similarly to identify the core mechanisms of implementation strategies. Provide a correctly formatted direct-quote citation, using this information. What is the resource document and page number?
3. Go to the NIH website (www.nih.gov) and find the information titled Bad Air Day, Air Quality and Your Health. Provide a correctly formatted reference, using the following information for the newsletter format. What is the resource document and page number?
4. Differentiate between a primary source and a secondary source in scholarly writing. What is the resource document and page number?
5.The running head is used in scholarly work. For this question, you are to:
a.Develop a running head for the following journal article titled Graduate-level QSEN competencies: Knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
b.Provide the correct format the running head in a scholarly paper on the title page and subsequent pages of a paper. What is the resource document and page number?
6. Identify two characteristics of a scholarly source. What is the resource document and page number?
7. Scholarly papers contain headings and subheadings. Identify the format for a Level 1 and Level 2 heading. What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
8. The article Factors Influencing Advanced Practice Nurses Ability to Promote Evidence-Based Practice among Frontline Nurses”, published in 2012, has the following authors: Kate Gerrish, Mike Nolan, Ann McDonnell, Angela Tod, Marilyn Kirshbaum, and Louise Guillaume.
Provide the correct format for the first citation in text. What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
9. What is a DOI, and when is it used in references? What is the resource document and page number?
a. a full reference and
b. an in- text citation for lecture notes, using the following information:
College: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Class: NR 500 Foundational Concepts and Applications
Year: 2012. Lesson in Week One.
What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
a. a full reference and
b. an in-text citation for a chapter of an edited book
Book Title: Nursing theories and nursing practice 3rd edition.
Chapter of book: Florence Nightingales legacy of caring and its applications.
Author of chapter: Lynne M. Dunphy
Publishers: F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, PA
Editors: Marilyn E. Parker and Marlaine C. Smith
Answer: What is the resource document and slide number that you used?