Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
For this assignment, you will locate two research studies related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2. The articles must be current (within the last five years), and one article must be quantitative, and one article must be qualitative. For this assignment all articles must be related to the field of nursing.
Article choice is very important, therefore:
· Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments. The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review articles should not be used.
· Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
· Select one each: qualitative and quantitative research articles.
· Create a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist for the two research articles (one column per article).
· Complete with brief, concise, summarized information.
Part II: Write a summary (one- to two- pages)
· Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
· Describe the differences in your article’s quantitative and qualitative designs and methods. Carefully review the rubric before you submit. This summary is using your own words to examine the differences specifically between your articles.
· Use current APA Style for your summary paper and to cite your sources.
· Submit the checklist and summary.
· PICOT TOPICS ARE LOADED IN PDF
· THE TWO ARTICLES FROM LAST ASSIGNMENT IS UPLOADED BELOW IN SEPARATE PDF
· HAS TWO BE TWO DIFFERENT RESEARCH ARTICLES FOR PICOT QUESTIONS THEN FROM LAST PAPER WILL BE SHOWN BELOW****
· RAPID CHECKLIST IN WORD PDF BELOW MUST DO!