Identify and discuss at least four medical and/or nursing interventions to meet client needs.
Utilizing the information learned from the home visit, health histories, and discharge orders, write a scripted dialogue in which you provide Sallie Mae with education that describes her problems and the interventions identified to improve her condition. Consider Sallie Mae’s physiological, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs when developing your dialogue.
Your dialogue should resemble a script. The following is an example of a few sentences from a scripted dialogue:
Nurse: “Good morning, Salle Mae, my name is ______ and I will be your nurse today. I understand you are experiencing problems with ________.”
APA format is not required for this part of the assignment, but solid academic writing is expected.
Refer to “Home Visit With Sallie Mae Fisher Grading Criteria.”
Entire AssignmentSallie Mae Fisher’s Health History
and Discharge Orders
Sallie Mae Fisher Health History
Ms. Fisher is an 82-year-old female with a history of chronic congestive heart failure (CHF), atrial fibrillation, and hypertension. During the last 6 months, she has been hospitalized four times for exacerbation of her CHF. She was discharged home last Saturday from the hospital after a 3-day stay to treat increased dyspnea, an 8-pound weight gain, and chest pain.
Ms. Fisher is recently widowed and lives alone. She has a daughter, Thelma Jean, who lives in town but works full time and has family issues of her own. Therefore, family support is limited.
Hospital Discharge Instructions
· Mountain Top Home Health to evaluate cardio-pulmonary status, medication management, and home safety.
· Medical Equipment Company to deliver oxygen concentrator and instruct patient in use. O2 at 2 liters per nasal prongs PRN.
· Prescriptions given at discharge:
o Digoxin 0.25 mg once a day
o Lasix 80 mg twice a day
o Calan 240 mg once a day
· Order written to continue other home meds.
Sallie Mae’s Home Medication List
· Zocar 50 mg once a day
· Minipres 1 mg once a day
· Vasotec 10 mg twice a day
· Prilosec 20 mg once a day
· Furosemide 40 mg once a day
· Effexor 37.5 mg at bedtime
· Lanoxin 0.125 mg every other day
· Multivitamin once a day
· Potassium 40 mEq once a day
· Ibuprofen 400 mg q 4 hours as needed for pain
· Darvocet N 100 mg q 4 hours as needed for pain
· Nitroglycerin ointment, apply 1 inch every dayHome Visit With Sallie Mae Fisher Grading Criteria
|Essay Portion1) Identified and prioritized at least four problems from the simulated home visit with Salle Mae.|
2) Summarized each problem identified with evidence to substantiate findings (assessment data).
3) Identify and discuss at least four medical and/or nursing interventions to meet client needs.
4) Provides rational for interventions identified. Discussion of rationale includes support from outside resources (current evidence-based literature).