how health disparities, cultural competency, and health equality can impact health outcomes
Short Answer Submission Form
Your Name: First and last
Your E-mail Address: Your email here
Write your responses where it reads “Enter your response here.” Write as much as needed to satisfy the requirements indicated. Each item contains the Rubric which will be used to evaluate your responses.
1. Imagine you are a student in healthcare administration who is doing an internship in a large primary care organization in an urban city in Florida. The organization has multiple locations and several types of services within a culturally diverse and underserved community. You are asked to prepare a brief about national issues related to eliminating healthcare disparities and improving wellness. Your brief will provide suggestions and initiatives that could improve patient outcomes in the organization and the community.
Include the following:
· A concise summary of the changes in patient population, patient demographics, and chronic disease within the United States (1 paragraph)
· An explanation of how health disparities, cultural competency, and health equality can impact health outcomes (1 paragraph)
· An explanation of how the National Standards on Cultural Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) can influence effective communication between patient, primary care physician (PCP), and organization (1 paragraph)
· A concise summary of how the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and the Joint Commission requirements on cultural competency impact the organization’s accreditation (1 paragraph)