How can you as the nurse advocate for your patient to receive effective, efficient, cost-effective and equitable care?
Module 1/ Health Assessment & Promotion
Think about a recent patient that you have provided nursing care. How can the health history relate to clinical prevention for that specific patient? How can you as the nurse advocate for your patient to receive effective, efficient, cost-effective and equitable care?
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
· Initial Post: Fri, Jun 17 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
· Response Post: Sun, Jun 19 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
· Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
· Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
· Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
· Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.
Note: Since it is difficult to edit the APA reference in the Blackboard discussion area, you can copy and paste APA references from your Word document to the Blackboard discussion area. Points will not be deducted because of format changes in spacing.