HCA 545, Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals
Topic 4: Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals HCA 545
Module 4 DQ 1
Describe the concept of skill mix and why it is important. Develop a scenario that requires the use of skill mix and explain how the actions you chose accomplish skill mix. Topic 4: HCA 545, Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals
Module 4 DQ 2
Of the two approaches on managing unproductive employees — the closed impersonal method and the modern persuasion method — which is more effective and why? Explain your reasoning.
For address the non-productive employees the manager or owner should know how to motivate employees and keep them on track, this will help to run the work smoothly. In some cases the workers will be satisfied but not emotionally connected. To improve the productivity.
- Ensure that employees are clearly aware of what is expected of tehm by providing a specific job description. This should be the first step in an established performance evaluation and monitoring process in which the description is used to set appropriate work goals. This process should also involve regular meetings with employees to follow up on their progress.
- Find out whether a nonproductive employees is facing challenges in their job. Often, employees are unproductive because they do not understand the task at hand, donot have the tools required to complete it or just need help determining the steps rquired to get the job done. Topic 4: HCA 545, Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals
- Find out what employees like about their jobs and use that information when assigning tasks to them. This can help employees build pride in their work, which is a key motivator. It may also be beneficial to give employees more responsibility. This can works both for undermotived personnel as well as for eager,ambitious employees who are looking to make their mark.
- Have employees set short- term and long-term goals along with deadlines for acheiving them. The goals should be reviewed, discussed with the employee and monitored on a regular basis to ensure the employee is working toward them. This interaction is also an effective way to improve overall communication between a manager and employees.
- Ensure that employees understand the bussiness’s stratergy and how their individual roles contribute to the company’s success. Some non productive employees may feel like their work does not have an impact, so it ia important that they understand their contribution is valuable. Topic 4: HCA 545, Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals
- Reward employees who exceed expectations. This will motivate the less productive employees.
- Allow employees to have some down time-even if thay are on the clock. Ensure that employees take their scheduled breaks, and avoid cracking down on a little extra socializing in the break room.
Begin to address productivity as soon as new employee is hired by providing a clear job description and beginning the goal-setting process. This will help to prevent many problems down the road. From my work so many nurses left to become the casemanager because they didn’t like to deal with the family and patient.
Tara, S. (n.d.). How to Address Non-productive Employees. Retrieved from https//www.smallbusiness.chron.com. Topic 4: HCA 545, Management of Human Resources and Health Professionals