Ticket to Class
• Place in Bright Space prior to the start of class
• No single word responses (At least 100+ words in your response. Repeating the question in the answer does not count towards the 100+ words)
• Give questions some thought and answer honestly and sincerely
• Give examples if you have them
• Cite resources
• Worth 20 points / 5%
•With the realization that pain is highly prevalent among older adults, please answer the following questions.
1. What are some ways you as the nurse can utilize to determine pain in the older adult?
2. What are some of the potential barriers related to self-reporting of pain in the older adult?
3. What is the prevalence of pain in the older adult?
4. Describe and compare your findings for each of the following:
a. Numeric rating scale
b. Visual analog scale
c. McGill pain questionnaire
d. Pain in dementia patients