This assignment will assess the following competencies:
3. Explore substantive differences between the accreditation standards embraced by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Joint Commission International (JCI).
4. Evaluate international nonprofit and non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) that identify, educate, and intervene in global health care.
Directions: Select and research a non-profit or a non-governmental organization that provides international health assistance. In a 1250-1500 word paper (words included on the title page and reference section do not count towards this length requirement), address the following:
• Identify the sponsor of the agency
• Evaluate the services the agency provides
• Discuss the countries this organization has served and the impact this organization has had on the health of the citizens of these countries
• Explore how organizations such as the one you selected intervene in global health concerns such as epidemics or natural disasters.
• Discuss how the JCAHO and JCI might impact the actions of these agencies