Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Essay Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. After the reading for this module, you are expected to spend roughly 8 hours doing detailed research, writing, editing, and polishing your submission. Do not just answer the questions. Demonstrate your understanding of the material by digging deeper, getting to the heart of the matter and make clear you fully appreciate the why and how as well as the what.
Assignment: Answer all of the following questions using headers to separate topics.
Patient stays in the hospital are being reduced for any number of reasons, but that does not mean the patients should not be monitored. In your opinion, identify no more than four new real-time devices you believe are crucial for a large enough pool of patients that every patient should be tethered to them, both in the hospital and at home during recuperation and rehabilitation. Explain your rationale and provide evidence.
Explain how data analytics leads to improved outcomes from both what you have read and from any personal experiences you can share.
In combat aviation, the concept of situational awareness and data fusion is critical. Attack or defend the notion that healthcare providers need similar kinds of data fusion to provide a more robust patient situational awareness, especially in situations of noisy and conflicting data.
Explain the key concepts behind six sigma analytics and explain why or why such approaches should not be used. Explain and support your position.