Examine the philosophy of CAM and how it relates to or is different from conventional Western medicine.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that describes an overview of CAM and its categories of treatments. Include the following:
- Compare and contrast conventional current regulations and oversights that exist in the United States with that of nonconventional medicine.
- Define the terms alternative, complementary, and integrative in relation to medicineand clarify how these terms are different.
- Describe how conventional medicine plays a role in these three terms.
- Examine the philosophy of CAM and how it relates to or is different from conventional Western medicine.
- Describe the two subgroups of Complementary Health Approaches according to the NCCAM/NCCIH.
- Select one CAM treatment therapy (modality) from among the complementary health approaches and describe it.
- Using one medical condition, describe how your chosen therapy can be used as an alternative, a complementary, or an integrative therapy for that specific medical condition.
- Include the results of scientific studies that show a clinical benefit from the example selected, if available.