- Select a Nursing Theory- Select one specific nursing theorist and nursing middle-range theory that best fits your area of practice. ( Pender’s Health Promotion Model)
- APA Student Title Page– (No Abstract Needed)
- Include the following information on the Student title page in 7th ed. APA format:
- Assignment name in Bold Font: (Ex. Theory Application Paper: Swanson’s Theory of Caring in Obstetrics)
- Skip a Line
- Your Name
- Name of University
- Course Number and Name
- Instructor’s Name
- Date of Submission (Month, Day, Year)
- Introductory paragraph – Capture the reader’s attention (ex. Grabbing statistics) and introduce the rationale for selecting the specific nursing theory for your area of nursing over other nursing theories (Do not write in first person; Include a purpose statement of what you will describe in the paper as the last sentence of the introductory paragraph.) Next, begin the Body of Paper.
- Theory Description (Level 1 Header) Briefly describe the theory.Give overview of theory purpose, scope, concepts, structure, and unique focus.
- Rationale (Level 1 Header) Discuss the rationalefor selecting the theory for implementation in your specific practice setting. (Do not use first person)
- Implementation Plan (Level 1 Header) Describe a plan to implementthe theory in your area of practice for your entire department or organization.
- Barriers to Implementation (Level 1 or 2 Header, your choice) Discuss potential barriers or challenges to the implementation plan and how to overcome these barriers and challenges.
- Conclusion (Level 1 Header) Conclusion paragraph with concluding statements to summarize the content and re-state or re-phrase the original purpose statement.
- APA Reference Page- Please be sure to support your paper with in-text citations. Please use 5 peer-reviewed resources.
Additional Instructions: Your assignment should be typed into a Word or other word processing document, formatted in APA style. Paper should be a minimum of 4-5 pages in length, excluding the title and references pages. This is a scholarly paper and should not be written in first person. Paraphrasing should be done using in-text citations.
Please use, at minimum three scholarly references, and your paper should be 500-700 words, excluding title and reference pages.