Words limit: Should not be less than 3000 and more than 3100 (References are excluded from the word limit)
Focus of the Assignment
The development of the Australian health workforce requires a holistic approach with multilevel involvement. Government alone or a single strategy is inadequate in sustaining the workforce to meet the increased demand for health services. In the National Health Workforce Innovation and Reform Strategic Framework (HWA 2011 p14), published by the former Health Workforce Australia, the following five domains for action were detailed:
• Health workforce reform for more effective, efficient and accessible service delivery
• Health workforce capacity and skills development
• Leadership for the sustainability of the health system
• Health workforce planning
• Health workforce policy, funding and regulation.
Please choose two domains of action as the focus of the assignment and discuss to what extent these two specific Domains for Action have been successful in implementation and translation at the organisational level. Note:
• Please use your organisation or the organisation that you are familiar with as the focus of the discussion. Giving examples may be an effective way of demonstrating the relevant actions taken / strategies developed and implemented.
• If you are not currently working in the health sector, you can focus your discussion on a non-healthcare organisation.
• International students are encouraged to base the assignment on a non-Australian-based healthcare organisation or system.