Discuss the foundations and components of psychoanalysis.
Assignment Psychoanalytic Model Paper
Individual Assignment Psychoanalytic Model Paper
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper discussing the foundations and components of psychoanalysis. Evaluate the contributions and criticisms of psychoanalytic models to the explanation of human behavior.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment
PLEASE WRITE PAPER ACCORDING TO THE GRADING RUBERIC PROVIDED PLEASE:
Psychoanalytic Model Paper
This assignment is due in Week Five.
60 Percent of grade
• Discusses the foundations and components of psychoanalysis
• Evaluates the contributions and criticisms of psychoanalytic models to the explanation of human behavior
Organization and Development
20 Percent of grade
• The paper is 1,750 to 2,100 words in length.
• The paper is clear and organized; major points are supported by details, examples, or analysis.
• The tone aligns with the assignment’s purpose and is geared toward the appropriate audience.
• The paper provides relevant and sufficient background on the topic.
• The paper is logical, flows, and reviews the major points.
Mechanics and Format
20 Percent of grade
• The assignment file is presentable and functional.
• Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed; spelling is correct.
• The paper—including the title page, reference page, tables, and any appendices—is consistent with APA guidelines.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.