Discuss Comprehensive Evaluation of an Elderly Client
Comprehensive Evaluation of an Elderly Client Scholarly Paper Guidelines
Comprehensive Evaluation Guidelines
Your scholarly paper is a comprehensive evaluation of an elderly client. You can select a client in any setting. This will be your scholarly paper for this class. It should be submitted in APA format. Your references should not be greater than 5 years old. You must use scholarly references. Throughout your paper you should consider age-related changes (physiological). Please do not write this paper as a health history as in health assessment classes this should be written as a narrative format. It is worth 15% of your grade
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER NOW
Information to be included:
1. Give a brief history of the client, include the medical history, social history
2. Explain the individual’s acute or chronic medical issues. If the individual has an acute medical problem, explain how it is exacerbated by the aging process (physiologic age-related changes). If your client does not have any medical concerns discuss how they are maintaining their health. Use research to support your findings.
3. Review the medications that the individual is taking, including any over the counter drugs. Are any of these drugs a problem? Many medications are problems in the older adult. Explain the issues.
4. Explain the functional status? (ADL and IADL) What is their mobility and ability to perform everyday activity? If there are any issues or concerns, explain.
5. Look at the mental health and cognitive ability. Is there any impairment? Is there a concern and if so is it being addresses? Also consider their daily activities including social.
6. Evaluate the living situation. Is it a problem or potential problem? (living alone, with family or a facility) Is it a problem or a good fit? Are there safety issues or concerns? Explain. If you r client is from the hospital you should be considering their home situation. How will it be impacted due to the illness.
7. What are your recommendations to improve the quality of life for this individual. Comprehensive Evaluation of an Elderly Client Scholarly Paper Guidelines.
Please use a minimum of 5 resources (textbooks may be used but are not considered as the 5 resources., no more than 5 years old. Make use of journals, that is where your most up-to-date information will be. Comprehensive Evaluation of an Elderly Client Scholarly Paper Guidelines.