Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Essay Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. After the reading for this module, you are expected to spend roughly 8 hours doing detailed research, writing, editing, and polishing your submission. Do not just answer the questions. Demonstrate your understanding of the material by digging deeper, getting to the heart of the matter and make clear you fully appreciate the why and how as well as the what.
Assignment: Answer all of the following questions using headers to separate topics.
Advocates of computers and these online systems speak about the benefits in glowing terms, but few seem to address the changes in workflow and the impact on production during the time it takes to learn and then become skilled at using these systems. Healthcare workers are being asked to do more in less time under the justification that the computer will speed the process. Describe your personal experience with automation and new information systems. How true are the claims about the benefits and the impact on the professionals? (e.g. Did the system turn a world-class healthcare worker into a data entry clerk?)
How often are the challenges the authors discuss on page 195 and 196 actually issues? If you were to rewrite that section, what challenges would you include? Be concrete and give examples.
Perform a critique of the three case studies from Chapter 8. How believable are these case studies and the results? What are the key lessons you took away from these case studies and why? (None is an acceptable answer, but you must be explicit about what you found troubling and/or unbelievable about each.