Travel Project Assignment
The assignment is about a trip to Bulgaria; you will have 10 components listed below. Each item should be explained in detail in paragraph form. The more detail the higher the grade. Please use pictures, maps, and anything else you would like to include. Enjoy creating an imaginary trip and do the research so you can get better at planning trips. This assignment is meant to encourage your exploration in this world! Good luck.
1. Include plane ticket: include price, number of hours, transit stops if included. Check two airlines to compare prices.
2. Include accommodation: hotel, hostel, or campsite. Show how far away from the airport and what type of transit you would use to get there (hotels offer shuttle service, you can take a taxi, bus, train, or rickshaw)
3. Included a cultural attraction you would like to visit: maybe a delicacy of the region, a traditional dance show, a symphony, musical concert, rave, dance club, festival, etc.
4. Include an environmental/natural area to visit: a national park, zoo, game park, Bedouin community in the desert, a turtle breeding area, whale watching, etc.
5.Include local flora and fauna: Describe in detail what kinds of plants and animals are found in the region like birds, monkeys, deer, marsupials, cactus, figs, shrubs, mangroves, etc.
6. Map a route of your travel: Include a map of each location you visit. Include what type of transportation you use and how long it takes (if you decide to rent a car estimate the distance and how much time it would take you to get there).
7. Include the climate: What time of the year are you going, is it rainy season, what will the temperature be, is it humid or dry, how much rain do they get ,etc.
8. Describe the native people of the region: What types of indigenous people live in this region, what do they eat, what is their traditional dress? What do there homes look like. What do they do to survive? (Collect food; sell cheese to market, etc.)
9. Describe traditional food: Include what a typical dish is and what types of food are popular in the region (plants and proteins).
10. Describe traditional medicines: Include ethnobotanical/medicinal plants natives’ use for remedies (example: honey on burns, yellow fever tea for mosquito bites, rose water for blemishes, etc.)