Compare the legal, ethical, and contractual considerations for APRN in the employment setting
Generate a professional Power Point presentation that sums the following areas:
· Introduction to topic, include introducing yourself, why this is important (1 slide)
· Develop a business plan to start or manage a practice (6-10), identify SWOT analysis, marketing plan, key stakeholders, reimbursement, insurance issues, a solid budget plan (expense and revenue sheet)
· Construct an employment contract for an advanced practice nurse in your selected care setting. (3-4)) Be specific. What should APRN ask for salary, vacation, Health insurance, dental, vision, long and short term insurance, professional development/education fees, professional journals, any others?
· Compare the legal, ethical, and contractual considerations for APRN in the employment setting (2-3 slides)
· Inclusive of references in presentation, and references then fully presented in final slide of presentation as a reference page (1-2 slides)
· Use APA for formatting
· Presentation should be minimally 25 slides, enough slides to appropriately cover material being presented
· Presentation is to be designed as if you, the ARPN, were seeking funding for starting your own clinic.
· Presentation to include:Contract portion is to be designed as if student/APRN was seeking a position. What would an APRN want in the contract? Provide details within the contract about salary, insurances, benefits, duties, etc.
· Type of clinic, clientele serving, location
· Mission/vision statement
· DETAILED budget analysis. Expense and revenue reports
· Insurance and reimbursement: Provide information on expected revenue. What would an APRN charge for certain visits (sick versus health check), what is expected pay from insurance types (private, Medicare/Medicaid?)
· Contract portion is to be designed as if student/APRN was seeking a position. What would an APRN want in the contract? Provide details within the contract about salary, insurances, benefits, duties, etc.