Assignment 2: Clinical Skills Self-Assessment
Before embarking on any professional or academic activity, it is important to understand the background, knowledge, and experience you bring to it. You might ask yourself, “What do I already know? What do I need to know? And what do I want to know?” This critical self-reflection is especially important for developing clinical skills such as those for advanced practice nursing.
The PMHNP Clinical Skills List and PMHNP Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form provided in the Learning Resources can be used to celebrate your progress throughout your practicum and identify skills gaps. The skills list covers all necessary skills you should demonstrate during your practicum experiences.
· Download the PMHNP Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form to complete this Assignment. (See attached Word Document)
· For this Assignment (just as you did in PRAC 6645), you assess where you are now in your clinical skill development and make plans for this practicum. Specifically, you will identify strengths and opportunities for improvement regarding the required practicum skills. In this practicum experience, when developing your goals and objectives, be sure to keep assessment and diagnostic reasoning in mind. As you complete your self-assessment this week, you may wish to look back over your self-assessments from prior practicums to reflect on your growth. The assessment should look better and show progress from previous course and the goals need to be different.
Please review the Clinical Skill Self-Assessment done for previous course.
(Attached PDF document- WK1Assgn2_Cordova Lopez_A).
Use the PMHNP Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form (attached Word document) to complete the following:
· Rate yourself according to your confidence level performing the skills identified in the Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form.
· Based on your ratings, summarize your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Based on your self-assessment and theory of nursing practice, develop three to four (3–4) measurable goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Include them on the designated area of the form.