Assignment 11: Journal Entry
Critical reflection of your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting has the benefit of helping you to identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your strengths and successes.
Use this Journal to reflect on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement, the progress you made, and what insights you will carry forward into your next practicum
· Refer to your “Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form” you submitted in Week 1, (see attached document) and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek, and consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience. Reflect on your observations and experiences.
1. In 450–500 words, address the following:
· Revisit the goals and objectives from your Practicum Experience Plan. Explain the degree to which you achieved each during the practicum experience.
· Reflect on the three (3) most challenging patients you encountered during the practicum experience. What was most challenging about each?
· What did you learn from this experience?
· What resources did you have available?
· What evidence-based practice did you use for the patients?
· What new skills are you learning?
· What would you do differently?
· How are you managing patient flow and volume?
2. Communicating and Feedback
· Reflect on how you might improve your skills and knowledge and how to communicate those efforts to your Preceptor.
· Answer the questions: How am I doing? What is missing?
· Reflect on the formal and informal feedback you received from your Preceptor.